<img src="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1566/2457/files/AGM-logo.png?2275239012606774941" width="30px">
Part of the Aster family, A. lactiflora is a robust herbaceous perennial that will look great as a backdrop for other bright colours, different hues of blues and purples and or why not plant them against a dark backdrop so A.lactiflora can show off its own beauty.
Lovely plumes of creamy white flowers during the summer months are borne on tall, upright stems with jagged green leaves with silver undersides.
A.lactiflora requires full sun and will flourish in a moist but well drained soil.
After 2-3 years A. lactiflora will reach its ultimate height of 100-150 cm and a spread of 50-100 cm.
In the Autumn cut back the plant to the base. To propagate A.lactiflora you may take semi hardwood cuttings in late summer or it may be divided every 3-5 years.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Herbaceous perennial
- Deciduous fragrant foliage
- Creamy white flowers
- Eventual height 100-150cm x S 50-100 cm
- Plant in full sun
- Loam, chalk or sandy soil
- (Needs moist but well drained soil)
- Attracts butterflies
- Use in flower beds, cottage/informal gardens
- Use for cut flowers or in dried flower arrangements