Nepeta racemosa 'Six Hills Giant'
‘Six Hills Giant’ is an easy going plant that rewards the senses. Clumps of aromatic grey-green leaves release a lemon scent when bruised/crushed in your hand. Large, billowing flower stems rise from the clumps of foliage. Although the stems are 60-90 cm in length, the actual height of the plant will be more like 45-60cm due to the arching nature of the stems. Throughout the summer months beautiful, lavender-blue flower spikes will flourish. If these are trimmed after flowering it will encourage a second flowering.
The N. ‘Six Hills Giant’ is not as attractive to cats as Nepeta cataria but if it did become a problem a useful tip to deter cats is to place some upright twiggy sticks in the centre of the plant.
The Nepeta ‘Six Hills Giant’ is a really versatile plant and can be used for various reasons in your garden from underplanting roses and shrubs, attracting wildlife and as a showy feature in itself. H and S 50-100 cm
- Clump forming aromatic grey/green leaves
- Lavender-blue flower spikes during summer
- Full sun/ partial shade
- Clay, loam, sand, chalk
- Acid/alkaline/neutral soils
- Low maintenance
- Attractive to wildlife
- Use in drought resistant borders/cottage and informal borders/ wildlife gardens/ underplanting of roses and shrubs/ gravel gardens
- H and S 50-100 cm over 2-5 years