Ophiopogun japonicus Silver Mist
Also known as Variegated Mondo Grass, O. silver mist is a great addition to your garden if you want to add year-round interest in shadier areas of your garden.
The leaves are very narrow and are a creamy white and green variegation. There are insignificant lavender flower spikes during the summer but these are followed by more interesting dark purple berries. The plant is slow growing.
The O. silver mist would look good planted in contrast to darker leaved plants or as a companion plant. Planted in numbers alongside a pathway, O. silver mist will provide a gentle ‘shimmer’ affect in light breezes.
- Variegated green and white narrow leaves
- Insignificant summer flowers
- Dark purple berries
- Average/ medium moist, well drained soil
- Partial/ Full shade
- Suits most soil types
- Suit pathways, rock gardens, shade gardens, groundcover, underplanting, in containers as a companion plant
- H 15-25 cm x S up to 30 cm